Part 1: Hardware setup
Please note that this installation guide is for approved installers only.
- Make sure the whole location (Hub and satellite) is online.
- The chargers need to be connected to EVBox’ CMS/backend system.
- Please contact EVBox directly to:
- Update all connectors and hub to the latest FW.
- Change the CMS system to Current Eco’ OCPP URL: ws://smartchargewebbackendp.azurewebsites.net/Ocppj
Part 2: SmartCharge setup
- The HUB number is used when the charger is added to SmartCharge.
- In the SmartCharge portal go to “add point” in the menu on the left side.
- Find the correct location and press next.
- Add a charge point name. For these chargers, we recommend starting with the Hub number and 1 – 20. During the later stages, the names can be changed, but it is often unclear what connector is what number to the hub.
- Find the correct Charging box model from the drop-down list, in this case the EVBox-Hub (g3) – 20 points, select the correct circuit and enter the Hub Number instead of the generated Device ID. When you select this charger, 20 charge points will automatically appear. Please name all the points, even if the hub does not have this many connectors.
- Press Create boxes. It may say status “uninstalled” for up to 30 minutes after the point is added and the charger is connected while the charger and system are connecting, however if it takes longer than this, please check that the charger is online and has power. If everything looks ok, please reboot the charger locally.
- Once the charge points are online, go into the charge point connected to the hub, it will be the point currently named Hub 1 (or similar). Look at the box configuration and you will see a setting called “evb_ConnectorListOrder”. Under here you will see the connector number and the order of the connectors, so for instance “1.Connector number, 3. Connector number,5 Connector number, 7 Connector number.” This means all other connectors can be removed from the 20 connectors to the hub and 1, 3, 5 and 7 can be renamed.
- Please rename the connectors which are active to the correct point names. We always recommend staying clear of customer names, but to make it easy for a successor to also understand what charger you are referring to and also staying within GDPR guidelines. Make it logic.
Please sign in to leave a comment.