PART 1: HARDWARE SETUP
- Install the charger based on documentation from CirControl.
- Only for CirControl authorised installers
- Using an ethernet cable, connect your computer to the charger and open the software program provided by CirControl.
- Configure accordingly.
- Once you get to the step regarding OCPP integration, please select 1.6.
- On the OCPP webpage under Charge Box, enter a Charge Box ID. The Charge Box ID needs to be unique, so either use the serial number provided by CirControl, or the generated number in SmartCharge. Use the exact same for the integration into SmartCharge.
- Under Central System, add our backend URL to give SmartCharge access; ws://smartchargewebbackendp.azurewebsites.net/Ocppj/
- Complete the Installation as per instructions from CirControl.
Part 2: SmartCharge setup
- In the SmartCharge portal go to “add point” in the menu on the left side.
- Find the correct location and press next.
- Add a charge point name, we recommend staying clear of customer names, but to make it easy for a successor to also understand what charger you are referring to and also staying within GDPR guidelines. Make it logical.
- Find the correct Charging box model from the drop-down list, select the correct circuit and enter the Charge Box ID, or keep the generated ID from SmartCharge. It must match the ID
- Press Create boxes. It may say status “uninstalled” for up to 30 minutes after the point is added and the charger is connected while the charger and system are connecting, however, if it takes longer than this, please check that the charger is online and has power. If everything looks ok, please reboot the charger locally.
Please sign in to leave a comment.