How to charge?
The charging session starts automatically when connecting the car to the charger. The key must be in the unlocked position. The charging session stops when charging is done. To end the session before charging is done first disconnect the car and then the charger.
The box will not start charging?
1. Is there a green light on the front panel push button? If yes: go to the next step. If no: turn the key to unlock position. If still no light: The box is broken or has no power --> contact electrician/SmartCharge-support
2. Check if the charging cable is connected properly in the car and the box. (The connection can be really tight in these boxes)
3. Check if your SmartCharge-user is added as an owner to the box. Login to the SmartCharge-app and see "Your charger"
4. Have you added a payment solution in the app? If yes: Is the method valid (not expired) and has coverage
5. The car battery can be fully charged. The cable can be broken.
6. Contact SmartCharge-support if none of the options above worked for you.
How fast will the car charge?
The charger has the ability to charge up to 22kW. The actual charging speed will vary depending on which car and the power of the grid in the building.
What is the function of the key?
A pair of keys come with the charger when installed. The purpose is to give access to charge. If the keys are lost, please contact the electrical company that installed the chargers
What is the meaning of the different LED lights?
Description can be found in the following user manual:
Can more than one SmartCharge-user be added to the box?
No, but another person (you trust) can log in with the same user account details. In that way, both have access to the same information in the app.